If you have decided to upgrade your current sound system in your vehicle, then you really need to think about whether or not you would be interested in buying the equipment necessary for and subscribing to either XM or Sirius Satellite Radio services. They both offer their customers an awesome lineup of programming to choose from, without those annoying commercials. You need to remember that you do need specialized equipment, designed just for them to take advantage of all they both have to offer. Making this choice beforehand will make choosing that sound system easier.
You will not be disappointed with your choice, whichever one you choose as they both have programming and gadgets that are bound to appeal to just about anyone. When it comes to both music radio and talk radio; the competition amongst these two makes for some very interesting programming. Talk radio enthusiasts will want to subscribe to one of these two just for the treasure chest that can be found among the talk radio programming. By providing the wide variety of programming that they offer, these two satellite radio powerhouses have made to clear that satellite radio is not just a ‘flash in the pan’ and is the next wave in radio.
Often it has been said that, although XM Satellite Radio has more subscribers currently, that Sirius is very quickly catching up. It has been recently stated that Sirius has nearly the same number of subscribers (over 3.5 million) as XM Satellite Radio (over 4 million) does. Having checked out each provider’s program lineup, and not seeing that much of a difference between them, I cannot really tell you what would lead one person to choose XM and another to choose Sirius. If you are thinking about going with either one your best bet is to check out both websites to see the programming lineups and the channel selections each has; as well as what each charges per month for service.
The one thing that can truly be said is that XM Satellite Radio has the better gadgets and packages that it offers, which is why most people are surprised that Sirius is catching on so fast. Some of XM’s satellite radio receivers also have GPS and navigation capabilities and controls. Some of them can even play CDs, MP3s and DVDs.
Do not, for a second, think that Sirius has nothing to offer; because it most assuredly does have an excellent lineup to offer. As far as competition goes… there is none out there for these two giants! There is only one main difference between these two; and that is the gadgets that each offers. If you were to look up the monthly subscription rates of each you would find that they are very close.
The only major difference I have seen is that Sirius has a lifetime membership that pretty much mirrors XM Satellite Radio’s 5 year plan. You need to be aware that the ‘lifetime’ in lifetime membership refers to the radio receiver, not the subscriber!
Choosing to go with satellite radio does not mean that you will not need to upgrade your current sound system. It merely means that you need to add this to your list of requirements. Both companies provide their customers with a wide variety of gadgets to choose from. This could give you a major headache trying to choose! Once the federal government approves the merger of XM and Sirius Satellite Radio, all of this will become a moot point!
Auto Sound Related Articles
- A Good Auto Sound System is a Requirement Not a Luxury
- Auto Sound Systems are Becoming Entertainment Systems
- Auto Sound Systems for the Budget Minded
- Auto Sound Systems One Component at a Time
- Auto Sound Systems One Piece at a Time
- Auto Sound Systems Should be Superior Quality
- Auto Sound Systems that Offer More
- Auto Sound Systems With Added Benefits
- Choosing the Right Amplifier for your Auto Sound System
- Does Bigger Mean Better When It Comes To Auto Sound Systems?
- Ebay has Surprising Bargains on Auto Sound Systems
- Evolving Technology and Auto Sound Systems
- Great Brands for Good Prices on Auto Sound Systems
- Is Bigger Better in Auto Sound Systems?
- Modify Your Auto Sound System
- Modifying your Auto Sound System
- Professional Installation of Auto Sound Systems Imperative
- Self Installation of Auto Sound System Can Save Serious Cash
- Self-Installing Your Auto Sound System
- Sirius Or XM Satellite Radio For Your New Auto Sound System Selection
- Speakers Play the Sound but Auto Sound Systems Make It
- Technology Spending Limits and the Auto Sound System
- The Importance of a Good Auto Sound System
- The iPod and the Auto Sound System
- The New Technology of Auto Sound Systems
- The Reasons Why you should add a DVD Player to your Auto Sound System
- The Risks of Self-Installation of Your Auto Sound System
- Thumbnail example Auto Great Sound Systems
- Today's Auto Sound Systems Are More Than Meets the Eye
- Top 5 Reasons for a New Auto Sound System
- With Auto Sound Systems Newest Technology isn't Necessarily Greatest Technology
- XM Satellite Radio Vs. Sirius for your Auto Sound System Selection
- Your Auto Sound System And Your iPod