If you're in the market for a new auto sound system you might want to seriously take a moment and consider whether or not you would be benefited by subscribing to either Sirius or XM Satellite Radio. Both of these subscription-based services have something wonderful to offer their subscribers and both of them require specialized equipment in order to operate. This means if you are going to wish to use either service, you will need to have decided which service before you have your auto sound system installed.
It really doesn't matter which of these you choose they each have different features that will appeal to a wide variety of audiences. You will find some wonderful competition among the two not only by way of music radio but also talk radio. If you really love talk radio you really need to subscribe to one of these in order to find a treasure chest of talk radio gems. You will find everything from the mundane to the controversial. From Oprah to Howard Stern exist in the realm of satellite radio, which seems to not only be catching on but also here to stay.
It has been commented on many times that XM Satellite Radio has a strong lead when it comes to subscriptions. This is very true but you should also keep in mind that the new subscribers seem to be leaning more towards Sirius for their satellite radio rather than going with the traditional favorite. I've checked out the line up and can't see that one has much of a clearly defined lead over the other so I can't give a definitive reason for the massive new subscribers to Sirius or even the phenomenal lead that XM Satellite radio is currently enjoying. Regardless if this is something that might interest you, you really should check out each website and decide for yourself which, if either, is more appealing to you as well as whether that appeal is worth the investment and the monthly subscription fee.
I will say this however: XM Satellite Radio for the moment seems to have much better toys to offer consumers. That being said, I'm actually quite surprised that the vast number of new subscribers are going with Sirius rather than XM. Of course, being the gadget geek that I am, I am basing that surprise solely on the fact that XM seems to have much better toys. At the moment XM is offering some really cool gadgets that double not only as XM Satellite Radio receivers but also offer GPS functionality and navigation assistance and controls. Some of these devices even go one step further and play DVDs, CDs, MP3s, among other things.
Believe me, Sirius has a lot to offer its customers as well, I'm simply thrilled over select items that can be found at XM that I really haven't seen adequate competition for elsewhere. On the level of music, both seem to carry similar genres, lineups, etc. The same holds true for the Talk radio line up. The only major difference I am finding between the two are the gadgets. Even the prices are rather competitive with one another. I see only one other major difference and that is the fact that Sirius offers a lifetime membership that cost about the same as the five-year plan from XM Satellite Radio. The thing to remember however is that the lifetime membership is for the lifetime of the device not the subscriber.
I should also point out that opting for satellite radio more than likely will not eliminate your need for a new auto sound system it may however pose certain requirements for the type of sound system you will be able to choose. One thing I have noticed with both companies is that there are plenty of devices from which to choose. You will have your hands full selecting the right equipment for your auto sound system upon which to enjoy the wonderful sounds that satellite radio will bring to your ears each and every day.
Auto Sound Related Articles
- A Good Auto Sound System is a Requirement Not a Luxury
- Auto Sound Systems are Becoming Entertainment Systems
- Auto Sound Systems for the Budget Minded
- Auto Sound Systems One Component at a Time
- Auto Sound Systems One Piece at a Time
- Auto Sound Systems Should be Superior Quality
- Auto Sound Systems that Offer More
- Auto Sound Systems With Added Benefits
- Choosing the Right Amplifier for your Auto Sound System
- Does Bigger Mean Better When It Comes To Auto Sound Systems?
- Ebay has Surprising Bargains on Auto Sound Systems
- Evolving Technology and Auto Sound Systems
- Great Brands for Good Prices on Auto Sound Systems
- Is Bigger Better in Auto Sound Systems?
- Modify Your Auto Sound System
- Modifying your Auto Sound System
- Professional Installation of Auto Sound Systems Imperative
- Self Installation of Auto Sound System Can Save Serious Cash
- Self-Installing Your Auto Sound System
- Sirius Or XM Satellite Radio For Your New Auto Sound System Selection
- Speakers Play the Sound but Auto Sound Systems Make It
- Technology Spending Limits and the Auto Sound System
- The Importance of a Good Auto Sound System
- The iPod and the Auto Sound System
- The New Technology of Auto Sound Systems
- The Reasons Why you should add a DVD Player to your Auto Sound System
- The Risks of Self-Installation of Your Auto Sound System
- Thumbnail example Auto Great Sound Systems
- Today's Auto Sound Systems Are More Than Meets the Eye
- Top 5 Reasons for a New Auto Sound System
- With Auto Sound Systems Newest Technology isn't Necessarily Greatest Technology
- XM Satellite Radio Vs. Sirius for your Auto Sound System Selection
- Your Auto Sound System And Your iPod