If you've been shopping lately for an auto sound system then I am fairly certain that you've come across several full entertainment systems among those in the running for your audio and entertainment dollars. Vehicles today offer everything from DVD players, individual speakers, headphones (also individually adjustable), and even dual players that will allow one different audio to be played in one section of the vehicle than another. In addition to all of these wonderful and nifty devices are many more devices that are meant to tempt, sway, and convince you to spend even more money on the auto sound system of your dreams. Some of these even offer MP3 players that connect directly to the audio system of your car, truck, or SUV.
The jury is still out for many people about the safety and sense of having a DVD player in your automobile. While this is the case, people will continue purchasing DVD players are part and parcel of their sound and entertainment systems and manufacturers will continue putting together attractive packages that offer these devices to consumers while offering incredible bargains on installation. I know that many feel that this is an unnecessary distraction to drivers. I'm one of the rare people that feels that in a day of laptops, cell phones, talk radio, fast food, Starbucks coffee, and multitasking, a DVD in the back might be one of the best features that can be added to the car in an effort to minimize distractions coming from the direction of disgruntled passengers in the rear.
I will confess that many people wonder what this has to do with an auto sound system and I can understand that question so please bare with me. One of the features that sound system manufacturers are offering is a feature that allows individual headphones for passengers in the back along with LCD monitors that rest in the back of the head rests so that passengers in the back can both see and hear the DVDs being played without causing a distraction for the driver (either by noise or by means of flashing lights).
The truth of the matter is that having the noise from a DVD player in the back is no worse of a distraction than having disgruntled children competing for your attention from the backseat or listening to audio books as you drive along. I must admit that audio books are one of my current and readily admitted addictions. The problem with those is that on occasion some of the books simply aren't meant for young ears. I try to keep my books limited to popular stories that are suitable for children whenever my children are riding along and save the sometimes steamy and often hilarious tales of Stephanie Plum for when I'm riding alone. Another great reason to make sure you have an auto sound system that at the very least reads and understands MP3s.
The technology exists for this and I expect to see even more innovations technologically speaking in the way of auto sound systems and entertainment systems in the near and not so near future. We live in a world where technology is constantly evolving and we should see many new and wonderful features that will make our lives much more enjoyable for our daily commute.
Whether you are new to the technology of today, fighting it mightily, or happily embracing it-it isn't showing any signs of stopping or slowing down. This means that you will eventually have to face the fact that the old ways of buying an auto sound system will soon be obsolete. I often joke that we are rapidly becoming a society that is catching up with the "Jetson's" vision for the future. I also loudly lament my lack of a Rosie. At any rate, I am glad to see that the new technologies in auto sound systems are offering less of a one size fits all image and offering much more individual systems, even for passengers within a vehicle.
Auto Sound Related Articles
- A Good Auto Sound System is a Requirement Not a Luxury
- Auto Sound Systems are Becoming Entertainment Systems
- Auto Sound Systems for the Budget Minded
- Auto Sound Systems One Component at a Time
- Auto Sound Systems One Piece at a Time
- Auto Sound Systems Should be Superior Quality
- Auto Sound Systems that Offer More
- Auto Sound Systems With Added Benefits
- Choosing the Right Amplifier for your Auto Sound System
- Does Bigger Mean Better When It Comes To Auto Sound Systems?
- Ebay has Surprising Bargains on Auto Sound Systems
- Evolving Technology and Auto Sound Systems
- Great Brands for Good Prices on Auto Sound Systems
- Is Bigger Better in Auto Sound Systems?
- Modify Your Auto Sound System
- Modifying your Auto Sound System
- Professional Installation of Auto Sound Systems Imperative
- Self Installation of Auto Sound System Can Save Serious Cash
- Self-Installing Your Auto Sound System
- Sirius Or XM Satellite Radio For Your New Auto Sound System Selection
- Speakers Play the Sound but Auto Sound Systems Make It
- Technology Spending Limits and the Auto Sound System
- The Importance of a Good Auto Sound System
- The iPod and the Auto Sound System
- The New Technology of Auto Sound Systems
- The Reasons Why you should add a DVD Player to your Auto Sound System
- The Risks of Self-Installation of Your Auto Sound System
- Thumbnail example Auto Great Sound Systems
- Today's Auto Sound Systems Are More Than Meets the Eye
- Top 5 Reasons for a New Auto Sound System
- With Auto Sound Systems Newest Technology isn't Necessarily Greatest Technology
- XM Satellite Radio Vs. Sirius for your Auto Sound System Selection
- Your Auto Sound System And Your iPod