When you are in the process of selecting your next auto sound system you might want to check out the systems that include other entertainment features such as games and DVD players. This may sound a little simplistic to some but if you've ever driven cross-country with children, you know what I mean when I say it is worth the investment to have one installed and have it installed correctly.
Many people will debate the wisdom of these devices and I will tell you quite frankly that I feel 100% that this is much safer than trying to deal with disgruntled children in the back that are literally fighting for your attention. If you want to talk about a distraction, I can think of few distractions that will top that while driving in holiday packed roads and less than favorable weather conditions. The truth of the matter is that anything that keeps the kiddies quiet for two hours at a pop has my vote for gadget or gizmo of the year.
I seriously recommend having a system installed however as this will limit not only the distraction to the driver but also the exposure of the lights and sounds to the driver as well. If you have a game system in stalled along with a DVD player and headphones to go with both I am sure you will find that you are driving along listening blissfully to your mom music as the kids in the back take turns playing games and watching DVDs. In fact, the most serious refereeing you are likely to need is over whose turn it is and how long that will last.
Now, I feel that it is very important to point out that this is not the only benefit to having an entertainment system installed for children that are traveling with you. Another very real benefit is the fact that you will also find that you are hearing less and less of the usual "are we there yet" and other generally disgruntled forms of questions from the backset. I also love the fact that the kids can often fall asleep to a DVD that they have seen a few dozen times which will bring a few more minutes of blissful silence as they snooze.
Another unexpected benefit I have found with my children and a DVD incorporated into an auto sound system is that my children are asking less often to stop for potty breaks. I always assumed that some of the frequent bathroom stops were boredom related and now I'm fairly certain that my assumptions were correct. Another great thing that mommy does in order to keep things going smoothly is purchase a new DVD immediately prior to taking a long road trip. In addition to a new DVD that the little ones will not yet be tired of, I pull out some DVDs that might have been forgotten recently and not watched quite as often. This keeps the children very happy and quiet while mommy is able to concentrate on the road ahead and keeping everyone happy and safe while traveling.
Just remember that you should never rely on the scenery or the thrill of traveling in order to keep little ones happy and occupied on long trips. Endless questions and chatter are to be expected in order to alleviate boredom. In order to avoid these types of situations you'll need more than happy music playing on the radio and really, how many times can you listen to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" during a 12 hour road trip? Do yourself a favor when selection a really great auto sound system and make the necessary investment to add a really nice DVD player into the mix. Believe me I am the queen of cheap when it comes to trying to save money and will swear up and down that if you have children, this is one investment that is worth its weight in gold.
Auto Sound Related Articles
- A Good Auto Sound System is a Requirement Not a Luxury
- Auto Sound Systems are Becoming Entertainment Systems
- Auto Sound Systems for the Budget Minded
- Auto Sound Systems One Component at a Time
- Auto Sound Systems One Piece at a Time
- Auto Sound Systems Should be Superior Quality
- Auto Sound Systems that Offer More
- Auto Sound Systems With Added Benefits
- Choosing the Right Amplifier for your Auto Sound System
- Does Bigger Mean Better When It Comes To Auto Sound Systems?
- Ebay has Surprising Bargains on Auto Sound Systems
- Evolving Technology and Auto Sound Systems
- Great Brands for Good Prices on Auto Sound Systems
- Is Bigger Better in Auto Sound Systems?
- Modify Your Auto Sound System
- Modifying your Auto Sound System
- Professional Installation of Auto Sound Systems Imperative
- Self Installation of Auto Sound System Can Save Serious Cash
- Self-Installing Your Auto Sound System
- Sirius Or XM Satellite Radio For Your New Auto Sound System Selection
- Speakers Play the Sound but Auto Sound Systems Make It
- Technology Spending Limits and the Auto Sound System
- The Importance of a Good Auto Sound System
- The iPod and the Auto Sound System
- The New Technology of Auto Sound Systems
- The Reasons Why you should add a DVD Player to your Auto Sound System
- The Risks of Self-Installation of Your Auto Sound System
- Thumbnail example Auto Great Sound Systems
- Today's Auto Sound Systems Are More Than Meets the Eye
- Top 5 Reasons for a New Auto Sound System
- With Auto Sound Systems Newest Technology isn't Necessarily Greatest Technology
- XM Satellite Radio Vs. Sirius for your Auto Sound System Selection
- Your Auto Sound System And Your iPod