Car detailing may be a very intimidating line for car owners simply because it is almost synonymous with expensive and unnecessary cost. The truth is, your car needs to be detailed once in a while to keep it looking new. You will find that your vehicle lasts for more years because of the steps done to keep it fit and clean. Here are the basic guidelines.
Do It Yourself
You can start detailing your car on your own by researching on the internet, reading books, pamphlets and magazines and talking to the experts. The basic steps like vacuuming, polishing and waxing can easily be done by just purchasing a few products and tools. You can actually save hundreds of dollars and get to detail your car more than once each year for the ultimate look and appeal.
Do it yourself kits and packages are also widely available now to help weekend warriors save more in maintaining their vehicles. You can order a number of items by the package and have these shipped to your doorstep in just a few days. You should also try to join some web sites and register in online discussion boards to know the latest news about auto detailing. This is the perfect venue where you can find expert auto detailers who can share info without any fee.
Polish Your Car Independently
All you need to do is purchase some wax, a nice waxing cloth, car polish, polishing clay bar and some sprays. Begin the process by vacuuming the entire vehicle inside and outside. You can also treat your upholstery, seats and dashboard by using some special sprays and applicators. Make sure the outer surface of your car is well cleaned before you wax and polish or you risk having blemishes and scratches.
Talk to the Detailer
To save more in costs, you should personally see the auto detailer and ask about the different procedures that he would recommend for your car. Beware of detailers who are only out for a quick buck. These individuals usually list so many procedures when in fact, you truly need only one or two. You should ask for some referrals from friends to ensure that you are dealing with a reliable and professional person. Ask for guarantees and talk to the right agencies to know more about insurance just in case your car does not turn out the way you envisioned.
Borrow the Tools
You can borrow some items to make sure that you get excellent results. Try borrowing a good vacuum cleaner and a mechanical buffer for waxing to get even shine all over the body of the auto. You can also ask for some amounts of polish or wax from friends. Auto detailers may give you some samples so you can test if these work well with your car. Only purchase after you have tried and tested a given product. Always set a budget for your auto detailing project so that you stick to it. If there are other extra costs, save it for next time.
Auto Detailing Related Articles
- Introduction to Tire And Wheel Detailing
- Leather Conditioning For Your Car: Do You Need It?
- Auto Detailing And Car Paint Imperfections Removal
- Auto Detailing FAQs
- Auto Detailing Your Car Interior
- Auto Detailing: Tips on Prepping Your Car for a Show
- Car Buffing: How to Choose the Right Equipment
- Car Detailing and Your Safety
- Car Engine And Compartment Detailing
- Essential Auto Detailing Equipment
- Getting a New Car Paint Job
- How to Choose the Best Detailing Materials
- How to Detail Your Car
- How to Detail Your Car Yourself
- Interior Auto Detailing: Efficient Cleaning Tips
- Luxury Auto Detailing 101
- Metal and Trim Car Detailing
- Professional Auto Detailing Checklist
- Professional Detailing As A Business: Is It Lucrative?
- Simple and Cheap Ways to Detail Your Car
- The Best Car Polishing Tips
- The Proper Ways to Wax Your Auto
- The Rules on Painting Your Car
- What is Auto Detailing?