Car Interior does not only appear great, it also affects your health. Whether you are preparing this for car sale, services or simply want to keep clean, here are few tips to clean the interior of your car.
Remove first the floor mats then vacuum the seats and the carpet. Reach under the seats, the area between front seats, around the pedals and the central console. Floor mats should be vacuumed separately outside the car. Use soft brush attachment to vacuum the doors and the dashboard. Be cautious not to damage sticking parts and knobs. The small attachment is also used in vacuuming the seats. Leather seats can easily be damaged, make sure not to scratch them by slowing the movement of the vacuum.
Fabric Seats and Door Upholstery Cleaning
Spray cleaner is only one od the upholstery cleaning agents available on the market. Just simply spray on the seat and door upholstery then rub forcefully. After, wipe it with a dry cloth to remove the dirt. If you don’t have the spray, laundry detergent works as well. Prepare a pail of warm water then mix some of the detergent. Dip a clean cloth and squeeze out. Do the process similar with the spray. Work strongly on dirty areas.
Be cautious with water inside the vehicle—if water gets into electric tools it may cause a problem. Water that gets inside the seats and under the carpet can also causes stains or foul smell days after.
Cleaning the carpet is the same as cleaning the seats and upholstery. Spray the carpet evenly and rub forcefully. After, wipe it thoroughly with a dry cloth. Laundry detergent also works on the carpet. Don’t soak the carpet with water because it will cause foul smell and stains under the carpet. Make it dry as fast as you can.
Dashboard Cleaning and Polishing
Moist cloth is used to clean a dashboard and other plastic parts. Use a small amount of laundry detergents or stain remover to remove dirt. Dry the area with a clean dry cloth. Spray polish and spread evenly with a brush to make the area shiny. Use clean dry cloth to dry-polish. Polish makes the dashboard shiny and also protects the plastic from damage.
Getting Rid of the Musty Smell from the Conditioner
Odor treatment is available in local auto accessories store. It kills microorganisms and removes the unpleasant musty smell from the vents when the air conditioner is turned on. If you notice some clogs in the air conditioner drain tube, consult a mechanic to check it to remove the accumulation of debris under the cowl cover.
Auto Detailing Related Articles
- Introduction to Tire And Wheel Detailing
- Leather Conditioning For Your Car: Do You Need It?
- Auto Detailing And Car Paint Imperfections Removal
- Auto Detailing FAQs
- Auto Detailing Your Car Interior
- Auto Detailing: Tips on Prepping Your Car for a Show
- Car Buffing: How to Choose the Right Equipment
- Car Detailing and Your Safety
- Car Engine And Compartment Detailing
- Essential Auto Detailing Equipment
- Getting a New Car Paint Job
- How to Choose the Best Detailing Materials
- How to Detail Your Car
- How to Detail Your Car Yourself
- Interior Auto Detailing: Efficient Cleaning Tips
- Luxury Auto Detailing 101
- Metal and Trim Car Detailing
- Professional Auto Detailing Checklist
- Professional Detailing As A Business: Is It Lucrative?
- Simple and Cheap Ways to Detail Your Car
- The Best Car Polishing Tips
- The Proper Ways to Wax Your Auto
- The Rules on Painting Your Car
- What is Auto Detailing?